Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Yesterday In Auburn

Yesterday at Auburn I learned some sad news. One of my customers, Steve, who is on the physics faculty, tells me that he had to euthanize his 17-yr. dog last week. It is always very sad to hear this kind of thing. So the word from Steve is to live and enjoy the moment. He reminds me that dogs do not fret over the past like humans (as far as we know). They do not have regrets like humans (as far as we know). They do not worry about the future. They just live in the current moment. So we should be more like dogs!

The Gnu's Room, an Auburn independent bookstore, is closing at the end of the month. It always hurts me when any bookstore closes. In particular it hurts when an independent bookstore closes because of their always unique inventory. Who cares about a chain store. They will always be around somewhere, but independent stores are unique.

Auburn will never be quite the same. I hope to be there on the 28th for the mass crying that I'm sure will occur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home