Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jelly Beans & Modern TexMex

Moyna and I get our hair cut out in Trussville. We've been going to Fran Pala, whom we met at Vestavia Bowl back in the 90's, since, well, almost since we met her in the 90's. So there we are today as the temperature gets up to a balmy 41 under a white cloud cover all day.

Fran is in a big shop with other hair stylists. There is always a bowl of jelly beans in the front of the shop. I always grab a few while we wait. Jelly beans are not something we keep at the house. I never purchase them. The only time I eat jelly beans is when I'm getting a haircut, just as the only time I eat a hot dog is at a sporting event.

We pick up dinner at Cocina Superior at Brookwood. We like it! They say it's Modern TexMex. What is "modern" TexMex? Upscale is all I can figure.

Back home we watch the news and see talk again of that miraculous US Air crash in the Hudson River where all passengers walk off the plane in the water. That captain---now THERE is a bona fide hero!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the difference between TexMex and Modern TexMex? Now that is a question to ponder on a Sunday.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew TexMex could be upscale?

9:30 AM  
Blogger Fred Hudson said...

It's all marketing is all I can figure. Brookwood Mall is now bigtime upscale.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying TexMex is upscale is like opening a Taco Bell and calling it Taco Jingle, the only different being the bean burritos come with cheese.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought there was cheese on the bean burritos. Something is definitely stringy in there.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home