Saturday, January 24, 2009

Meditation on the Rain

The rain cometh early on this Saturday morning. The rain in Spain. Where does this phrase come from? Raindrops keep falling on my head. This is from the movie "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid." Could I explain rain? If a visitor from another planet asked me to explain what rain is and where it comes from and why it rains, could I explain it to him? I doubt it. Isn't it funny how we take so many everyday things for granted and yet we cannot properly explain them? Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day. Is this a nursery rhyme? We need the rain. You hear that all the time. Good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise. That's a good expression. I've heard that one all my life. The Rainman. Isn't that a movie?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain. Comes from the musical My Fair Lady.

http://www.allmusicals.com/lyrics/myfairlady/raininspain.htm

There is even video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVmU3iANbgk

9:28 AM  
Blogger Fred Hudson said...

Thanks, Kelly. I honestly did not know where that expression came from!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home