Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

I wake up this morning thinking, “We’ve made to 2009!”

The day is cold and sunny---a perfect day with which to start a new year. Of course, we went to bed as normal last night. No need to stay up just to stay up.

I procure breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Not much activity do I see around Pelham.

We start watching bowl games at 10. South Carolina struggles early against Iowa. The Hawkeyes lead 21 to 0 at the half. I see that Vanderbilt won yesterday. I am happy for the ‘Dores. I see that LSU spanked Georgia Tech 38 to 3 last night. We were over at that bowl last year. How quickly a year has passed. We watch some of the Rose Bowl parade. I say it would be good to live in Pasadena. Moyna scowls at that thought. James, one of the neighborhood kids, is out this morning with his firecrackers. Why would anyone wish to shoot off firecrackers on a beautiful first morning of the year? I don’t get it.

Marty O’Riley calls and he and Moyna catch up. The O’Rileys visited Modesto right after Christmas.

Moyna talks to our friend Marsha who lives in Calirfonia, and they catch up on events. Aren’t the holidays the time for catching up with family and friends?

Iowa beats South Carolina. Nebraska defeats Clemson. USC destroys Penn State in the Rose Bowl. We have a typical day of watching college football.

2009 is here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my day - watching football.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home