Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MOYNA'S MUMBLINGS (2)

It's the Tuesday before Christmas and all thru our house....I'm the only one stirring. The cats are fast asleep - on a heat vent. The weather here has been COLD to say the least. It was only around freezing as the high yesterday - or maybe it was the day before. It is gradually warming up so that by Christmas Day it should be a nice day. The cats are fast asleep because they had to get up quite early this morning. We had a sad piece of news last Friday. Fred's cousin Faye passed away and her funeral is today, Tuesday. Fred & Freddy were up early - at 3:45 a.m. - to drive over to Atlanta to pick-up Fred's sister Joanne, and then all are driving down to Mobile where the funeral is to be held. They will then drive Joanne back to Atlanta and be back home very late tonight. I thought they were crazy to make the trip in one day since it will be about 15 hours of driving, but I will say no more about this subject.....

Faye had been ill for a while. She had been in the hospital for a few weeks with several problems that she just couldn't overcome. Though I didn't know Faye well, I really liked her. I would only see her at Decoration Day each year. She had never married, devoting her life to being an elementary school & Sunday school teacher. I liked her because she was the type to speak her mind - just say what she was thinking. I like that about people. Faye was also an avid reader, which Fred admired in her. She will be missed.
With the passing of Faye on the 19th, I also want to make mention of the 12 year anniversary (December 20, 1996) of Fred's mother passing away. And I will also mention that Fred's sister, Sue, also passed in September of 1996. It doesn't seem that it has been that long - the years pass quickly. With Faye's passing, it has made remembering Fred's mother & sister a little sadder this year. They are all missed.

This isn't always the best time of year for me.....usually it's quite stressful. This year hasn't been as bad. I've worked at trying to take everything in stride. If I didn't get done what I had planned for the day, no problem, tomorrow's another day! Today will be laundry (it's easier to do when no one else is home) and making fudge. I've already done 8 lbs. of seasoned pecans, 20-something pints of tiger chow, 50 dozen peanut butter balls, about 20 dozen cookies, haystacks, and 14 loaves of maple walnut bread!! Whew!! Fudge is the only treat I have left. On Wednesday, I will be putting together a few side dishes for our get-together Christmas Day. I am soooo looking forward to my rocker/recliner Thursday night!!

Since we are staying in Alabama this holiday season, we will get-together with our nephew and his family in Muscle Shoals, AL. They are a great group of people and we always look forward to being with them! Our nephew Scott is married to Dawn....and does Dawn put together a meal for Christmas! You would think the entire neighborhood was coming to dinner. I always have to make myself be 'good' and not overeat....I really love her chicken & dressing!! They have a 'U-shaped' kitchen, and there will be food all the way around that U-shape. A table will be set up in the living room for all the desserts & treats that I bring.....it's way too much for us, but we continue to do this every year we all get together. We will all enjoy it once again, and then moan & complain that we shouldn't have eaten so much on our trip home. I can't wait until Christmas!!

I want to wish all of you the merriest Christmas! I pray each of you will reflect on your life & your relationship with our Lord and Saviour - the Lord Jesus Christ. HE IS THE REASON FOR OUR CELEBRATION EACH YEAR. BECAUSE OF HIS BIRTH, DEATH and RESURRECTION, WE CAN HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE and LIFE EVERLASTING.... MAY YOU CELEBRATE THIS SEASON WITH JOY, PEACE, AND HOPE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

With LOVE to all, and to all a goodnight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0707
longchamp solde
toms shoes
christian louboutin outlet
tag heuer watches
mulberry outlet
merrell shoes
nets jerseys
fendi handbags
hermes birkin
michael kors outlet

9:07 PM  
Blogger 5200 said...

0822jejeChacun de air jordan 11 femme pas cher nous a des zones de notre corps que nous air jordan femme rose et blanche n'aimons pas. Ils voulaient créer une nike air jordan son of mars pas cher entreprise qui pourrait être forte plus adidas zx flux femme rose pale que suffisant pour ce travailleur de basket nike roshe run en solde tous les jours et durable pour survivre Air Jordan 14 Homme à d'autres produits que les consommateurs nike air jordan flight achetaient à l'époque. Mais cette fois, air jordan basketball kit vous avez besoin d'une paire de qualité.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home