Thursday, December 11, 2008

Out and About---It all connects

The weather continues this morning. It seems like it's rained for the last 12 hours and there is the threat of snow.

The lady behind me in line at Sam's yesterday tells me her 401k has dropped in half. The subject came up when I asked her if the chicken she was purchasing was her dinner. She said it would have to do for 3 or 4 meals. At least I have a social security check coming in each month, she goes on to say, but she will need a new roof next year, and she's not sure how she'll pay for it. This coming from a lady in Hoover, not exactly a poor side of town.

While at the Hoover Brunos later I'm walking down an aisle and overhear a lady talking on her cell and I hear her say something about a 401k dropping in half. Then the pharmacy tech named Debbie tells she opened this Brunos in October of 1983 and now she's back.

"I've come full circle," she says, reflecting something I've been thinking about lately---the idea of coming full circle.

Back home I'm reading this electrifying novel called Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates. One of the characters refers to coming full circle. It's amazing how it all connects in my life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How came you to read Yates? I think I asked you about the book once and you said you had not heard of it.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Fred Hudson said...

I was at the BAM in Hoover and I happened to see it displayed because of the current movie, which I certainly hope to see. If you asked me about the book, I don't remember it! The novel is the best fiction I've read in a long, long time. Will be posting soon.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the movie too. It is directed by my favorite director, Sam Mendes!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it when folks get together and share opinions. Great site, stick with it
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies.html

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home