Saturday, December 13, 2008

At Vestavia Bowl

I made my yearly visit to Vestavia Bowl last night. Moyna sends me there before Christmas each year on Friday night to deliver peanut butter balls to the Johnson sisters. Moyna and I bowled in a Friday night league from 1984 to 1996 and Freddy grew up bowling on Saturday mornings in that house. Many of the people we bowled with over the years are still going at it on Friday nights.

Those Johnson sisters are doing well. Keith Henderson is still King of Vestavia Bowl. An Auburn fan, he says Tuberville is the best coach Auburn ever had and he's gone just because Bobby Lowder doesn't like him. The Mills are still bowling. Billy continues to travel. He spends his week days working in Mobile. Betty works at some place off I-459. I was delighted to see the Gardners. Mac is bowling in the Loose Screws on Friday nights. His son Marcus is recently married and has a 4-month old son. There are Murry and Frances Thomason and the Bridges, Randy and JoAnne.

They've spent some money fixing that place up. It's fun to go back once a year and see people I only see once a year!