Friday, September 19, 2008

Teaspoons or the LSU game?

T.S. Eliot said that we measure our lives in teaspoons. Sometimes I think I measure my life by football season.

Auburn plays LSU tomorrow. After last Saturday night's horror show in Starkville, I am not optimistic about the orange and blue coming out on top. But I always remember this historic football game from years gone past.

I remember the 1970 game when LSU beat us in the rain in Auburn.
I remember 1994 when all seemed lost in Terry Bowden's second season when we had yet to lose a game and we had all of those interceptions in an improbable comback win.
There was 2004 after Hurricane Ivan when we were on our way to an undefeated season.
Then last year when we lost on that last-second LSU TD pass.

The game is at Jordan-Hare at night. That's our best hope

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always remember the game where the old basketball court caught on fire. I think it was 1996.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Fred Hudson said...

That's a good one!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home