Saturday, August 30, 2008

MOYNA'S SOAPBOX (9)

The time has come....when all good things must come to an end - at least that's MY OPINION for whatever it's worth. Today begins the Fall season - which means football Saturdays (Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and all other days of the week). Fred began to prepare me for today by saying to tell him what needed to be done before today, because once today arrived, he would be in front of the TV watching college football. Unfortunately, AUBURN isn't on TV, just the radio. So, since AUBURN and Alabama play at the same time, Fred will watch Alabama on TV with the sound down and listen to AUBURN on the radio! Oh me, oh my!!! I've already taken my Tylenol for the headache that has begun!! AUBURN opens their season against Louisiana Monroe. The last time AUBURN opened against this team, they (AUBURN) had a perfect season. Some commentators are excited to see if this will happen once again - especially since AUBURN has completely changed their offense. Guess we'll see.......

The reason I started this particular blog was to get on my soapbox about being a "college football widow" during the season. It's not quite that bad, but it certainly has its moments. Fred can only concentrate on one thing at a time - the game of the moment. I try not to talk because it stresses him to have to listen to me. When I talk too much - especially when I ask questions about something, then he snaps back an answer. And that doesn't go over well with me...... It's a difficult time of year. Luckily, we've been married long enough (28 years this year - and we even managed to get married during football season) that we don't have as much to say!!! Most stuff can wait until after the games of the day!!

That's it...WAR EAGLE, HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home