Thursday, August 14, 2008

In California (2)

I spend the weekend in Modesto with the O'Rileys. Pop and I go to the Turf Club in Turlock on Saturday. I enjoy meeting some of his cronies: mainly retired men like him.

On Sunday Mom O'Riley and I drive up into the Sierras. This part of California is startling each time I see it. You have the brown hills, the small trees, and the open spaces, unlike the dense forests of Alabama.

The O'Rileys are doing well. He is 90 and she is 84. They do especially well for their ages.

On Monday I take the Amtrak back to San Francisco. I have a new boss whose name is Stephen Perry. He came over from Houghton-Mifflin, which our company just acquired. I think Stephen will do fine. More later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are having a great trip!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home