Saturday, June 14, 2008

Down and Gout

Saturday morning in Pelham starts with light rain. It seems we are always in drought or else we have constant rain.

Like everyone else, we were stunned by the death of Tim Russert. Of all the TV political commentators, he was the best. He was always hard-hitting but fair to both sides of the aisle. What Tim had to say always mattered. I would always stop and listen to his comments. He will be irreplaceable.

I developed a pain in my right foot Wednesday night around the big toes. Is it a sprain or something else? It got worse Thursday so I went the family doctor yesterday. Most likely it's gout, which is, in effect, an accute form of arthritis. The doctor drew blood. We are awaiting the results. The tipoff is elevated uric acid. I'm not sure what the prognosis is. If it is gout, I hope it doesn't spread because it is very painful. I've been getting around on one leg, and that's no fun.

At least it's cooler today so far with the rain and clouds out there. City Fest is going on in downtown Birmingham. I can't go on one leg! You'd be surprised how hard it is to try and drive on one leg. Not fun at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home