Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas 2007

Here it comes, ready or not, another Christmas!

By the way, I get so sick of people asking me, “Are you ready for Christmas?” Of course, I’m not ready. I’ll never be ready, but it will happen anyway.

We get ready to celebrate the birth of a child over 2,000 years ago. No, not Andy Rooney. You know who I mean.

Run for your life! The fruitcake is coming, and by the way, I hate fruitcake so don’t EVER send me a fruitcake. The last time I recall taking a bite of fruitcake was in 1956. I took one bite and left the fork in the cake. I doubt the fruitcake would taste much different even today.

During this Christmas season I was stunned to hear about the death of Ike Turner. I did not know he was real. I thought he was somebody that Tina just made up.

Christmas sleighs me every year. I can’t get enough of it! (For those of you who don’t know me, I’m being facetious, ho, ho, ho) Elvis once sang, “Why can’t everyday be like Christmas?” Was that when he started with the drugs?

I'm glad we don't have to buy for young kids anymore. I'm too old and too tired to keep up with the latest gizmos for the youth.

We will have a quiet Christmas this year. SSSSHHHH!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Elvis comment is hilarious!

I still don't believe Ike Turner is real, although it's claimed they've found his three foot long footprints deep in Yellowstone National Park. Ike Turner is like crop circles or Nessie - I don't believe such fables!

I guess I'll send back the fruitcake I bought you this year!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home