Monday, December 03, 2007

MOYNA'S SOAPBOX (3)

HO, HO, HO!!!!!!! Here come those holidays...once again...every year at this time. I swear it's only been 8 months since Christmas 2006, but the calendar begs to differ.

So far (it's only Dec. 3rd), my nerves aren't too bad. Our Christmas cards are done and will be mailed this week. It went smoothly this year because Fred and I decided NOT to send a newsletter this year. YES, you read that correctly - NO newsletter this year. We just said we didn't want to do one. I'm sure we will be back next year with the newsletter for those of you who look forward to it.

I will spend a couple of days this week wrapping gifts. Not one of my favorite things to do, but it must be done. Fred is looking forward to clearing out the "blue room" (that's our spare bedroom). Right now it only has a small path to walk around. Fred keeps saying I bought way too much. I keep telling him I haven't bought that much this year, it's just that what I bought is large, thus taking up a lot of room! I don't think he believes me...

Next week, the stress really begins. I will be "in the kitchen" making the goodies I have planned for this year. After 20-some years of my peanut butter balls (Freddy says it's not Christmas if I don't make them), I will be making a different recipe of peanut butter balls. I'm safe, though, Freddy has given his approval for this recipe!!
This recipe takes a little more time to do, but the change is worth it. After 20-some years of the other recipe, we just need a change!

I will also be doing lots of other goodies such as sno-ball cookies, rum balls, and tiger chow to name a few. There will be a plethora of goodies; I even had to order some more Lock & Lock containers to hold it all. Now, I know you're saying we don't need all of it, and you're right, we don't. BUT..., a lot of it will be given as gifts - especially to our neighbors in their "goodie bags." I do this about every 3 years - go crazy making a lot of sweets - and this is the year. Everything looks & sounds good to me so that it's hard to choose which ones to do!!

One thing we also decided for this year - and it was a really tough decision - was NOT to put up a tree. We have decorations (though not as many as usual) around the house, but no tree. We all talked it over, and decided we just didn't want to have to take it down. We don't mind putting it up, but taking it down is a nightmare for us. It looks a little strange not to have the tree up since we have other decorations around, but we just think about taking it down, and it doesn't look that bad not to have the tree up!!

I guess that's about it for this installment of my soapbox. Holiday wishes to all, and to all a goodnight!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home