Sunday, June 07, 2009

MOYNA'S MUMBLINGS (8)

I really don't have anything to say, I just feel like mumbling about this - or that.

This weekend has been beautiful! It's one that it has not rained. I guess we always need the rain to keep our water supply up and our lawns green, but it is nice just to have a rain-free weekend. The birds have been chirping all morning; I guess they are also happy it's not raining!

I'm ready for spring cleaning - much to Fred's dismay.... He says, "Everytime you're thinking, I know it will be something I regret." And I've been thinking we need to get to the spring cleaning. I want to change out the quilts today - from the spring quilts to the summer ones. Then we need to get the walls dusted, curtains washed, and everything scrubbed down. Yes, Fred isn't happy that I've been thinking! Of course, we won't do it all in one day, it will probably take 2 - 3 weekends.

I'm also ready to get away for a few days. Fred suggested Gulf Shores. We've driven through there a few times, but never stopped or vacationed in this popular summer destination spot. It might be a nice place to try, we both like the water.

I received an email week before last. It was from a high school classmate inviting me to our 40 year reunion in August. I won't be going for two reasons: it is the beginning of a busy time of year with Fred's work and the main reason - I just don't want to. I went to my 25th reunion and didn't have much fun. I found a lot of the kids I went to school with to still be rather snooty....even some of the kids I had been really good friends with. I thought that after 25 years, people would just be people, not still stuck-up as in their youth. I don't want to see what they are like now....why can't people just be friendly people, not still hanging in cliques with their noses in the air?

One good thing did happen because of the reunion invite. The invite came through Classmates. When I went to the site to read about the event, I also checked out my page. I signed up 3 or 4 years ago on Classmates, but rarely go to the website - maybe a few times a year. I happened to notice this time I had a couple of messages left for me - from my cousin Shanna. I have not heard from Shanna since she first married - about 30 some years ago. I have emailed her, but have not heard back. I hope she will get back to me, it would be nice to reconnect with my cousin. We used to be such a tight family growing up. We would be at my grandparents home just about every Sunday for dinner. As the cousins grew up, we began to go our own way and lost touch. Even as our aunts & uncles passed away, we were too spread out to make it home for the funerals and to reconnect with each other. I have one cousin that I keep in touch with through the yearly Christmas card, but it would be nice to get back in touch with Shanna and her 3 brothers. It's sad how so many families today are spread out and not close. Our kids don't know each other. Family just won't go on and have traditions as when I was growing up......

This has been an eventful year and it's just June. Because of things that have happened, the year seems to be going by faster than usual. Maybe that's for the best. Right now, all is calm; I hope it will be that way for a while. I know though, without a shadow of a doubt, that God has kept me, blessed me, and seen me through all. HE has touched people's lives in answers to prayers, and in so doing, I have been blessed.

Later.











2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are always amazed how little I see my family outside of you.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous MOYNA said...

Maybe if we lived closer to our relatives we might see them more often.....of course, a person can always see that as a good thing - or not, depending on how much you like your relatives. I wouldn't mind seeing my relatives a little more - and our folks up in north Alabama would be fun to be around!!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home