Friday, July 27, 2007

Late Summer

Late summer is a time for reflecting over the summer that is quickly fading and looking forward to the rest of the year. It is time to take stock.

I think about the things that I did not get done this summer though my intentions were good. (My intentions are almost always good) I think about what there is still time to do and those things that will have to be postponed.

Then I think about the Fall to come. Like many Southern men, I look forward to the start of football season. What would life be like without football season? I don't want to think about it. It's too horrible to contemplate.

I don't have anything to do with "Christmas in July." One of the local radio stations played Christmas music last weekend. What could be more horrible in July?

This July will pass. August will come. I am ready for August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home