Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Summer Activities

We were late getting our air-conditioner serviced this year. The man came last Friday, said everything is OK, and that’ll be $119 please. One thing I’ve learned over the years is that it pays to do routine maintance of your household machinery. This time we had bad luck.

I came in Sunday and the outside unit was making a ferocious noise. It sounded like it was going to blow up at any time. I went around back and immediately saw that the fan was not turning and that the box was so hot you could fry an egg on it.

I go running into the house shouting, “Turn it off! Turn it off!”

So we turn it off and sweat the rest of the day. The next morning we find out it’s the capacitor, a little device that fires up the motor and the compressor. Thank goodness that’s all it was. The man only charged us for the part--$45.

What’s a summer without something breaking down around the house?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I just got cable. It was $25 for the guy to come out and hook it up. He unhooked my DVD to do it. After he left, I tried to reconnect my DVD, pulling out one of the cable wires. The cable went out. I went to the cable office, and she said someone may have to come out again, which means more money. More money, on top of $25 to just hook up the cable, for a problem the guy created. I was talking to myself afterwards. The cable came back on however.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home