Saturday, August 29, 2009

High School Football

Friday night football is back, and I saw something last night I've been looking for since I started following Pelham football in 1997. Pelham actually played defense!

The Panthers beat Oak Mountain 24 to 0, forcing 6 turnovers. Defense carried the night.

The offense sputtered at times, should have scored more with the advantage of 6 turnovers, but with the advantage of a senior QB, the offense will be OK---not great, but OK.

The defense seems pretty solid, led by Auburn linebacker commitment Jake Holland and Florida State bound Nigel Terrell. The defense seems hard hitting and aggressive. I do not know how good Oak Mountain is, but I do know it's a good start for Pelham, and this should be a playoff team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home