Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bill Problems

I have come to the realization that the epic battle of my life pits me against all companies to which I pay bills. It is a battle to which I seemingly will forever be inextricably tied.

Let me put this into context. Ahab had the whale. Beowulf had Grendel. I have corporate America.

Good grief.

I got my mail this evening, and two companies are trying to screw me with their bills. T-Mobile has a $9.99 bogus charge for some service that apparently gives you cheats for video games. Of course, I did not purchase this service nor authorize it. I have no video games whatsoever. It was rendered on Tuesday, March 3, at 11:22 PM. Considering that day and time, there is no way I could have done anything to incur this charge. I always turn off my phone by 9 or 10; I'm usually asleep before that time. Even if I were working that night, my phone would not have been with me or even on.

Thankfully, I called T-Mobile tonight and apparently straightened out this mess. The same cannot be said for American Education Services.

Yet again, AES has put a deferment on my loans. This is the third time AES has done this. Here is how it goes: AES keeps putting a deferment on my loans; I keep getting it taken off. Just when I'm about to make a payment, they slap on another deferment. I am sick and bloody tired of dealing with these fools. All I want to do is pay my loans back, but AES keeps trying to screw me.

This keeps happening thanks to the federal goverment. Basically, the federal government requires schools three times a semester to submit reports on students with loans. Every time the university does this, AES sees I'm in school and is required to automatically stick me with a deferment.

I learned all this when I complained to several different offices on campus.

The only thing I can do I fill out a form that says stop putting a deferment on my loans. The last time I dealt with this, that is exactly what I did. But apparently, it didn't help. Here I am again.

Two things frustrate me about this situation. First, I am tired of struggling with AES. It is ridiculous that I will have to call AES yet again on Monday to try yet again to sort this mess out. It should seem obvious that I do not want a deferment by the fact that I keep calling them every few weeks to get it removed. Obviously, the folks at AES are either absolutely stupid or they are going to great lengths, on purpose, to con me out of every penny and dime they can. I have no doubt they are money mongers, but I think the real cause is they are brainless.

Second, it is obvious that corporate America is a bunch of inept, profit thirsty dimwits. I have been battling every company I have paid bills to for about three years now. When I lived in Auburn, I never had any problems with any company. Ever since I moved from Auburn, I have had at least one problem with every company I have had to deal with. When I lived in Atlanta, every company to which I paid a bill tried to screw me at least one. That trend has only continued since moving to Tuscaloosa.

I inherited Moyna's temper, but over the years I have worked not to become as mad as I used to. I think that I have cultivated a tranquility in my day to day life. However, nothing throws me into a fit more than dealing with these companies!

2 Comments:

Anonymous moyna said...

You'd better watch out!! Every time you think you have overcome - or at least gotten better about your temper, something/someone jumps out in the middle of the road in front of you and proves you wrong!! I speak from many, many years of experience......

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Dinah said...

All you have to do is just keep paying it. The first payment that you make renders the deferrment null and void.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home