Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Morning

I awoke to finish making soup, which I stored in the freezer to have a quick and easy meal any time. The soup includes great northern beans, carrots, turkey, and green beans. I've made it once before, only last time I didn't put in the green beans. I always add hot sauce whenever I serve it. It is scrumptous!

As the northern beans were finishing, I went to Ingles to get some ingredients for a pork chops recipe I found. When I got there, I called Moyna to see what she is doing for Mother's Day. She said little is happening; it is just a relaxing day. She is, though, making some sweets for an event at the school next weekend, and Dad bought her a chocolate cake from a bakery in Alabaster. Dad is also treating her to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner tonite. I told her to get a piece of cheesecake - they're really delicious there - but she said the chocolate cake is enough.

While at Ingles, I had a conversation with two young cashiers when I was checking out. Why they were both at my register I do not know. I do know that these young girls had too much gritty spunk for 10:44 on a Sunday morning. When I arrived to pay my groceries, they were debating who would get to open a can of self-heating coffee they had. They would not stop talking about this self-heating coffee, which I think they offered me some of, but I do not remember with certainty. At first I couldn't figure out what was going on, why this can of self-heating coffee was so interesting. I felt inquisitive though, so I asked how this coffee thing worked, and they said if you pop the top and bottom off, the can begins to self-heat. I asked if you need to add milk or water or something, but they said no. Nothing needs to be added to the self-heating coffee. You just pop the top and bottom, it starts to self-heat, and I guess when it's hot enough, you drink the self-heated coffee. I couldn't understand how the coffee self-heats like that, so I asked them how this works, but I didn't get a definitive answer. The whole time I was checking out, it wasn't clear to me what was going on in this conversation. It was one of those random talks you sometimes have (or is it just me?) where you really can't understand what is going on, but instead of stopping the conversation and moving on with your life, you keep on talking anyway; then, afterwards, you realize you didn't know what was going on, and you never will.

I also bought some chocolate chip cookies from the bakery, a dozen total, and when these two girls asked me how many I had - I guess because I left the paper I picked out the cookies with in the box on top of the cookies and they couldn't see how many there were - I jokingly said two, which is what they rang up, and when I said I think there's actually more in there - I didn't say how many - they said oh well. I got twelve cookies for the price of two.

Meanwhile, when I got home, I began my laundry and finished my soup. I will try the pork chops tonite. However, I still want to know how this self-heating coffee works.

5 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, burberry factory outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, uggs on sale, replica watches, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, cheap jordans, michael kors handbags, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin uk, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags

7:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban uk, michael kors, kate spade outlet, coach outlet, nike roshe uk, true religion outlet, polo ralph lauren uk, north face uk, sac guess pas cher, nike tn pas cher, burberry pas cher, nike free, coach outlet, nike air force, nike blazer pas cher, coach purses, new balance, nike roshe run pas cher, coach outlet store online, vans pas cher, hogan sito ufficiale, ralph lauren pas cher, north face pas cher, true religion outlet, vanessa bruno pas cher, abercrombie and fitch UK, hermes pas cher, converse, true religion jeans, polo lacoste pas cher, lululemon outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, jordan pas cher, nike air max uk, longchamp soldes, timberland pas cher, lunette oakley pas cher, michael kors, true religion outlet, mulberry uk, longchamp pas cher, hollister uk, nike air max pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, louboutin pas cher, nike air max uk, nike free pas cher

7:36 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

pandora charms, toms shoes, marc jacobs, swarovski jewelry, moncler uk, lancel, gucci, moncler jackets, converse shoes outlet, moncler, vans scarpe, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, canada goose jackets, doke & gabbana, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, hollister, karen millen uk, nike air max, thomas sabo uk, converse, canada goose jackets, sac louis vuitton, louis vuitton uk, juicy couture outlet, ugg uk, moncler pas cher, moncler, ray ban, canada goose, swarovski uk, canada goose, montre pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, replica watches, links of london uk, moncler outlet, wedding dresses uk, coach outlet, canada goose pas cher, pandora jewelry, barbour jackets uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour, bottes ugg pas cher, ugg pas cher, hollister, sac louis vuitton

7:40 PM  
Blogger بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/al-khobar-movers/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/tiba-movers/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/al-taif-movers/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

6:23 AM  
Blogger rehabgad1 said...


https://rehabgad.edublogs.org/
https://prokr123.webnode.com/
http://rehabgad.over-blog.com/
http://nv2it.org/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home