Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Commentary (3)

Rain swept through Alabama yesterday. It was a hard, driving rain, the kind we seldom have in Alabama in October. This is supposed to be one of the driest months of the year, but not this year after yesterday.

Today it's bright and sunny and warm. We are slowly drying out.

Freddy turns 25 today. To be 25 again! Actually, I don't think I would change anything about my life after 25 if I were starting over. I've been lucky. My life has turned out well.

So Freddy is 25, teaching high school English at South Pauldling High in Paulding County, Georgia. He lives in Dallas. Yes, there is a Dallas, Georgia. We're talking West of Atlanta maybe 20 miles North of I-20. Paulding County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country. The school systems seems like a good one. The work is no doubt challenging; teaching 9th graders would try anyone's soul I'm sure. But he's doing well, and we are so proud of him!

Hope everyone out there is doing well. Soon October will be over and the holiday season will be upon us. Let's enjoy the rest of October before the craziness of the holiday season starts!